Saturday, October 30, 2010

MONACO COOL: THE CHILIMAN



FROM MONACO COOL:


"What do you like, boy, champag-na?"

"This is what the Chiliman says to me every morning outsie his Condamine Cafe, to which I had defected from the Dauphin Verte and Lyin' Leon.

"Hey Chiliman, I say, "just cook me one of your caps of cino and don't be sassy!"

The Chiliman calls everyone boy. I took him to Le Texan once and he wrankled Richie by ordering, "Gimme anudder Mezcal, boy!" Then he took one bite of chicken nachos and pushed the plate away.

"Something wrong?" asked Richie.

"No, boy, 'cept did testes lak sheet."

Then the Chiliman got down to some serious Mezcal drinking, the kind with a worm floating in the bottle, nearly blew his doughnuts on the Alamo Bar and had to be rolled down to his tiny houseboat at the port.